Reasons why I’m excited for “Dear White People:”
- Black actors portraying 3-dimensional characters
- Honest social commentary
- Targeted to the college age demographic
- Thorough exploration of the various forms of racism in America
- Tessa Thompson’s voice and Tyler William’s afro wig
Reasons why I’m not excited for “Dear White People:”
- White people calling it racist
- Mainstream media agreeing with the white people calling it racist
Millard Sheets, from “The Noble Approach; Maurice Noble and the Zen of Animation Design”
I wish I had finished this book before teaching my last class—it hits at the heart of why sketchbooks are so important!
I think sometimes I get caught up in “getting better at drawing” or “making something worth showing” that it’s easy to forget that learning is a huge component of drawing. Not even learning how to draw (we know how to draw, and honestly, who cares), but learning about the world, how it works, and our own reaction to it.
@^@ I waited too long so now I have to wait til school starts to try to get my appointment again.